SHPE 2020 National Convention
- Virtual Convention
The Engineering Science Symposium (ESS) is held each year during the SHPE National Convention, and showcases the excellent research conducted by SHPE students and faculty across all engineering fields. This year the Virtual ESS will be a series of engaging talks followed by a session of Q&A with virtual audience members and faculty judges. Upwards of 80 talks across five concurrent sessions will be organized. Each session will be anchored in one of five thematic grand challenge areas:
- Avances – Advances in Artificial Intelligence, Virtual Reality, and the Internet of Things (IoT)
- Innovaciones – Innovations in Materials, Manufacturing, and Processing
- Mejorando – Enhancing Biological Systems, Human Health, and Human Safety
- Modernizacion – Modernization of the Automated and Built Environment
- Revoluciones – Revolutions for the Ecological and Natural Environment
Cash prizes up to $1000 are awarded to the winners as judged by the faculty judges.
September 18, 2020
Notification of Acceptance:
Monday, September 28, 2020
Friday, October 30, 2020
SIGN UP LINK - COMING SOON!
For more information about the virtual symposium, advice for preparing abstracts, FAQs, and to submit your abstract now, visit the Virtual ESS application page.
If you have additional questions after visiting the application page, please email ESS@shpe.org.