2020 SHPE National Convention
- Virtual Convention
Thank you for your commitment to join us at our virtual 2020 National Convention, October 26 – 31, 2020. The theme for this year is Ascend to Transcend, a celebration of the current trajectory of SHPE.
*Please read through these instructions prior to registering staff/recruiters as this is a new process for the virtual event and individuals must self-register. We are unable to provide bulk registration this year.*
Recruiter Registration Deadline: October 9, 2020
During the registration process, individuals will need to self-register with the code provided. The code is only valid for the allotment of registrations included in your sponsor level and any additional purchased. Please distribute the code only to those individuals that will be participating in the Career Fair and Interviews Hours of the National Convention. All registrants will have access to workshops, general sessions and networking events.
Within the Meeting Play platform you have the ability to assign roles to staff and help direct visitors engaging with your booth. Please review the roles below and inform your staff of their assigned role when distributing registration instructions, that is a required response when registering. Please note that staff/recruiters can have multiple roles assigned.
Booth Admin – Identify and register no later than September 28th.
This role is the person responsible for the virtual content and booth set up. They will receive access to the Sponsor Admin portal and training will be conducted on September 29th. There is only one login for the Sponsor Portal, the login can be shared with anyone else within your team. This role will upload all graphics and assets for the virtual booth space and be responsible for the virtual booth. If you are not the person designated to have this access, please respond with the name and email of the individual to be assigned the Booth Admin role, before September 28th.This login does not count towards your allotment of convention registrations.
Career Fair Admin – Identify and register no later than October 1st.
This role will have the responsibility of assigning staff to booth roles in Meeting Play, set screening questions (6 max) and (1) category question. Multiple staff can be assigned to this role, but we recommend limiting access to those that will have the responsibility of making these updates.
Training for this role will be held October 2nd.
- Scheduler – Manages the processing of the vetting questions and assigns staff to respond. This is applicable in the Career Fair and Interview side.
- Screener – Performs the 5-7 min screen interviews during the Career Fair. They will provide ratings, notes, and decides who receives an interview.
- Interviewer – This option is only applicable to levels with the Interview Module. This role conducts the 30 min. interview and can provide ratings, notes, and will indicate if an offer was made or recommendation for hire.
- Sponsor Showcase Staff – This option is only applicable to Platinum levels or where added separately. This role manages the Sponsor Showcase for a company.
- General Booth Staff – for a company representative who does not have a specific role in the booth but needs to be associated to the booth.
- Speaker/Presenter – a company representative who is speaking at a workshop or event and should be associated to the booth. (this counts towards the allotment of registrations.
- General Professional – for a company representative who will NOT be associated to the booth but is part of your company and is participating for professional development.
Live Date: September 22, 2020
You will receive a code and instructions to register your organization’s personnel with a deadline to finalize your personnel registration by October 9th. We recommend reviewing the registrations included in your exhibiting level and purchase additional if necessary. Please note that registrations cannot be shared between individuals.
SHPE Career Center
Resume access and job postings Included with your exhibit space is resume access through the SHPE Career Center! Follow the steps below to activate your access.
1. Create an account (make sure to use your email address that you have used to register for the convention).
2. Reach out to Zack Valdez @ email@example.com and let him know when your profile has been created and he will activate your access. Your resume access period will start when you create your account.
Your Company Profile
Deadline: September 18, 2020
We are using this service for pre-event promotion for this year’s convention. Login details were emailed to the main contact for your company. Please accept the invite and complete your company information as soon as possible as participants will begin browsing our exhibitor database immediately! The information on Map Your Show will remain active until December 31, 2020.
Your Virtual Space
Deadline: September 28 to October 7, 2020
MeetingPlay is this year’s convention virtual platform and is where the virtual National Convention will take place. Your exhibiting level includes a standard company listing in the Meeting Play platform to include logo and upload of downloadable content such as brochures. Sample company listing below, if your package includes or you added the 2D booth graphics, we will communicate requirements for the design separately.
Career Fair & Graduate Expo Hours:
- Thursday., Oct. 29 | 12PM – 6PM EST, 9AM – 3PM PST
- Friday, Oct. 30 | 10AM – 4PM EST, 7AM – 1PM PST
Monday, Oct. 26 thru Friday, Oct. 30 | 9AM – 9PM EST, 6AM – 6PM PST