2020 SHPE National Convention
- Virtual Convention
Meeting Play is this year’s convention virtual platform provider and is where the SHPE National Convention will take place for 2020! Your sponsor level includes a virtual booth within the Meeting Play platform (content, links, images), full convention registrations, and resume access to the SHPE Career Center.
Thank you for your commitment to join us at our virtual 2020 National Convention, October 26 – 31, 2020. The theme for this year is Ascend to Transcend, a celebration of the current trajectory of SHPE.
ACCESSING THE PLATFORM
Please use the following information to access the platform for the 2020 SHPE National Convention:
the email address you used to register for the convention]
Password: [Use your registration number from your registration confirmation]
After you log in, you will be asked to change your password.
*Please read through these instructions prior to registering staff/recruiters as this is a new process for the virtual event and individuals must self-register. We are unable to provide bulk registration this year.*
Virtual Booth Instructions and Deadlines
|Deadline to upload content (booth admin)||10/9|
|Deadline to add screening questions, categories, staff with roles (career fair admin)||10/9|
|Booth preview in the platform (booth admin)||10/12|
|Final deadline for virtual booths (no more edits)||10/16|
During the registration process, individuals will need to self-register with the code provided. The code is only valid for the allotment of registrations included in your sponsor level and any additional purchased. Please distribute the code only to those individuals that will be participating in the Career Fair and Interviews Hours of the National Convention. All registrants will have access to workshops, general sessions and networking events.
Within the Meeting Play platform you have the ability to assign roles to staff and help direct visitors engaging with your booth. Please review the roles below and inform your staff of their assigned role when distributing registration instructions, that is a required response when registering. Please note that staff/recruiters can have multiple roles assigned.
**You will need your company’s promo code to register for your included registrations, this code was emailed to the main contact. Please contact email@example.com for your promo code.**
Booth Admin – Identify and register no later than September 28th.
This role is responsible for the virtual content and booth set up. They will receive access to the Sponsor Admin portal with link and password. Tere is only one login for the Sponsor Portal, the login can be shared with anyone else within your team. This role will upload all graphics and assets for the virtual booth space and be responsible for the virtual booth. This login does not count towards your allotment of convention registrations.
Career Fair Admin – Register immediately!
This role will assign staff to booth roles in Meeting Play, set screening questions (6 max) and (1) category question. Multiple staff can be assigned to this role, but we recommend limiting access to those that will have the responsibility of making these updates.
- Scheduler – Manages the processing of the vetting questions and assigns staff to respond. This is applicable in the Career Fair and Interview side.
- Screener – Performs the 5-7 min screen interviews during the Career Fair. They will provide ratings, notes, and decides who receives an interview.
- Interviewer – This option is only applicable to levels with the Interview Module. This role conducts the 30 min. interview and can provide ratings, notes, and will indicate if an offer was made or recommendation for hire.
- Sponsor Showcase Staff – This option is only applicable to Platinum levels or where added separately. This role manages the Sponsor Showcase for a company.
- General Booth Staff – for a company representative who does not have a specific role in the booth but needs to be associated to the booth.
- Speaker/Presenter – a company representative who is speaking at a workshop or event and should be associated to the booth. (this counts towards the allotment of registrations.
- General Professional – for a company representative who will NOT be associated to the booth but is part of your company and is participating for professional development.
SHPE Career Center
Resume access and job postings Included with your exhibit space is resume access through the SHPE Career Center! Follow the steps below to activate your access.
1. Create an account (make sure to use your email address that you have used to register for the convention).
2. Reach out to Zack Valdez @ firstname.lastname@example.org and let him know when your profile has been created and he will activate your access. Your resume access period will start when you create your account.
Your Company Profile for Pre-Convention Promotion
Deadline: September 18, 2020
Update your company listing for pre-convention promotion! Include your company description, links, and add targeted majors to help attendees find you. The information on Map Your Show will remain active until December 31, 2020. If you do not have your password, this can be reset by clicking on the Forgot ID or password link.
|Career Fair & Graduate Expo Hours:|
Thursday., Oct. 29 | 12PM – 6PM EST | 9AM – 3PM PST
|Interview Hours:||Monday, Oct. 26 thru Friday, Oct. 30 | 9AM – 9PM EST | 6AM – 6PM PST|