2021 SHPE National Convention
- Orange County Convention Center
- Orlando, Florida
With over 9,000 in attendance and growing, the SHPE National Convention is the largest gathering of Hispanics in STEM every year. The convention is made up of five distinct conferences and has something for everyone: Pre-College, Academic, SHPEtinas, SHPETech, and Professionals in STEM. Beyond the educational workshops there are competitions, networking events, and the popular Career Fair & Graduate School Expo.
Every 2021 SHPE National Convention registration includes access to:
- 185+ onsite skill-building workshops
- 19 sponsored hospitality suites
- 6 signature events celebrating the Familia
- 6 in-person, interactive networking events
- 5 challenging, fast-paced competitions
- 2 days at the onsite Career Fair & Graduate School Expo
- 4 days of onsite interviews with leading organizations
- 1 day at the online Career Fair with virtual interviews
- All-new closing party open to all attendees
- Regional meetings and networking time
- On-demand library of workshops for a full year
But we also want to make a case for being a part of something a little less tangible – something that might even be described as magical. We know what you are thinking – magic and STEM don’t immediately feel like the most obvious bedfellows. In fact, most people might consider them antithetical to each other. And yet, there is this fantastical energy that occurs when we come together as a Familia – a bunch of mathematicians and scientists and engineers with roots from all over the world. It is difficult to describe and impossible to replicate. It is so much more than a formulaic conference. It is just extraordinary.
Together we are a force that cannot be stopped and a future that cannot be predicted. And we are asking you to be a part of that with us. Honestly, it’s the only way you will come to understand what we’re talking about.
Join us under the theme of “The Most Magical Time” to celebrate the evolution of SHPE, the empowerment of its members, the community of Familia, and the magic of Hispanics in STEM!
We couldn’t think of a more enchanting location than Orlando, Florida, and after this past year, we are truly looking forward to being physically gathered again!