2021 SHPE National Convention
- Orange County Convention Center
- Orlando, Florida
Thank you for your decision to attend the 2021 National Convention! We're excited to have you join us in Orlando, Florida this November for what will be the largest gathering of Hispanics in STEM in the U.S.
While we are excited to return to an in-person event, we recognize that the global pandemic is not yet over. Safety is top of mind for all of us at SHPE, the Orange County Convention Center, and all our contracted vendors.
Here are a few of the currently planned precautions to ensure everyone’s safety:
- Masks will be required at all National Convention events
- Controlled entrances to the convention center, as well as to the Career Fair & Graduate School Expo exhibit halls to monitor traffic flow
- Temperature checks done upon entry to the building
- Waiver signature required to confirm no COVID symptoms
- Line management and limited capacity to allow for social distancing will be enforced
- Disinfecting of workshop rooms in-between sessions
The convention center and SHPE will be following CDC guidelines and updating these safety protocols which are subject to change. If you have any questions or concerns, please email email@example.com or keep checking back on this page.
A NOTE ABOUT THE CAREER FAIR FOR STUDENTS
This year's Career Fair & Graduate School Expo will be held on Thursday and Friday. As part of our safety protocols and line management updates, Career Fair access has been redesigned. Each day a portion of the student participants will receive early access to the Career Fair from 10am-2pm before the Career Fair opens for general access from 2-4pm.
During the onsite check-in process, the registration staff will provide student participants with a color-coded badge holder. The color of the badge holder will indicate whether you will receive early access to the Career Fair on Thursday or Friday.
On the day when a student doesn't have early access to the Career Fair, he or she may attend conference workshops. The Career Fair will be open to ALL attendees from 2-4pm on Thursday and Friday. Onsite signage will indicate the line up time schedules.
Professionals and graduate students may access the Career Fair at any time when it's open.