2021 SHPE National Convention
- Orange County Convention Center
- Orlando, Florida
Thank you for your support of SHPE and your decision to exhibit at the 2021 National Convention! We're excited to have you join us in Orlando, Florida this November for what will be the largest gathering of Hispanics in STEM in the U.S. The Career Fair and Graduate School Expo is always one of the most popular features of our convention and we know you'll enjoy being a part of it. If there's anything we can do to improve your experience, please just let us know.
A Safe & Magical Time
While we are excited to return to an in-person event, we recognize that the global pandemic is not yet over. Safety is top of mind for all of us at SHPE, the Orange County Convention Center, and all our contracted vendors.
Here are a few of the currently planned precautions to ensure everyone’s safety. Specific details to be released in the Exhibitor Service Manual available 60 days prior to the event.
- Masks will be required at all National Convention events
- Controlled entrances to the convention center, as well as to the Career Fair & Graduate School Expo exhibit halls to monitor traffic flow
- Temperature checks done upon entry to the building
- Waiver signature required to confirm no COVID symptoms
- Line management and limited capacity to allow for social distancing will be enforced
- Disinfecting of workshop rooms in-between sessions
PLEASE NOTE: One of the measures we've employed to ensure crowd management includes rotating the Career Fair & Graduate School entry times. Student registrants will be assigned an early entry day, Thursday or Friday, for 10AM - 2PM, with open access to all in the afternoons from 2PM - 4PM. Professionals and graduate students are welcome to access the Career Fair at any time when it's open.
The convention center and SHPE will be following CDC guidelines and updating these safety protocols which are subject to change. If you have any questions or concerns, please email email@example.com or keep checking back on this page.
Onsite Exhibitor Services Manual
SHPE 2021 National Convention Exhibitor Services Manual (Download)
This is a .pdf of the complete Exhibitor Services Manual for the onsite, in-person event. This can be downloaded in its entirety.
Individual order forms can be found under specified sections below and can be downloaded individually.
- Event Information
Freeman – General Contractor
Place your order with Freeman online, login using the same account you have used for other events or create a new account to order!
Shipping Labels - Warehouse
Shipping Labels - Show Site
Shipping Labels - Hanging Sign
OCCC Services (Electrical, Rigging, Compressed Air, Gas)
Order your booth services online with the OCCC easy order system: www.occc.net/exhibitor
- Internet/Telecommunication - Smart City
- Catering – Centerplate (exclusive)
- FedEx Business Center
- Wheelchair/Motorized Scooters
Other Resources & Forms
IPC Housing Reservation Form (as an alternative to the website)
Non-IPC Housing Reservation Form (as an alternative to the website)
Virtual Exhibitor Information
SCHEDULE AT A GLANCE
Virtual Career Fair Hours
Friday, November 5 12-6pm EST
Sponsor and Booth Portal Training
Monday, October 18 Time: TBD
Virtual training will be recorded and available for viewing
Interview Scheduled Appointments
Monday through Thursday, November 1 – 4
VIRTUAL BOOTH DETAILS
The virtual Career Fair will be hosted in the Meeting Play platform. The platform will allow for video and audio interaction and will also feature a chat function should there be an issue with connecting to audio/video.
Sponsor Portal – Content Set Up
The virtual booth will require content set up (assets, links, logos), these will be uploaded to the Sponsor Portal. We will communicate the link and login details to access this portal and complete your virtual booth. You can begin preparing the content for your virtual booth with the specs noted below.
Standard Virtual Booth Specifications
- Company Description: 1,000 characters max (recommended)
- Logo: 200 x 200 pixels .jpg/.png (image appears in attendee favorites)
- Virtual Hall Listing Banner: 350w x 195h pixels .jpg/.png – (appears on virtual company listing)
- Social Links: Supply up to 5 custom links
- Video: 16:9 format 1080p (supply an mp4 link for videos; QTY Max 3; recommended max time: 10 minutes)
- Collateral: Supply PDF(s) for your virtual exhibit page (QTY Max 12)
- Special Offers: Supply up to 5 Special Offers with image (400w x 200h px), description, and link for attendees to view. (QTY Max 5)
Exhibitor Registration and Booth Portal – Staff Set up
Staff registration and role assignment will be done through the SHPE standard registration system and via the Booth Portal. You will receive further details and instructions for these deliverables in the coming weeks.
Exhibitor Registration will open Monday, September 20.
Hosting a corporate tour is an opportunity to be one of the few companies to bring potential candidates to regional facilities to showcase the company’s culture, environment, and recent innovative technologies and operations! The SHPE Corporate Tours Committee will provide assistance as necessary to make all tours run as smooth and efficiently as possible. Download the invite letter to learn more.