The Engineering Science Symposium (ESS) is held each year during the SHPE National Convention, and it is a showcase of the excellent research conducted by SHPE students and faculty members across all engineering fields.
This year, the Virtual ESS will solicit video presentation submissions that will be evaluated by a panel of faculty judges. Finalists will be invited to present their presentation to a live audience followed by a session of Q&A. Awards will be judged across five categories, best-overall presentation, and honorable-mentions. Each of the five categories is anchored across one of five thematic grand challenge areas:
- Avances – Advances in Artificial Intelligence, Virtual Reality, and the Internet of Things (IoT)
- Innovaciones – Innovations in Materials, Manufacturing, and Processing
- Mejorando – Enhancing Biological Systems, Human Health, and Human Safety
- Modernizacion – Modernization of the Automated and Built Environment
- Revoluciones – Revolutions for the Ecological and Natural Environment
For more information about the virtual symposium, advice for preparing abstracts, FAQs, and to submit your abstract now, visit the Virtual ESS application page.
Prizes: Cash prizes up to $100 for honorable-mentions, $500 for category winners, and $1,000 best-overall presentation will be awarded as evaluated by engineering faculty judges.
- Abstract Submission Portal open NOW through 9/18/20
- Notification of Abstract Acceptances: 9/28/20
- Submission of Video Presentations Deadline: 10/16/20
- Notification of Finalists who will present live: 10/20/20
- Live Presentations with Q&A: 10/23/20
- Winners Announced: 10/26/20
Agenda Overview (for live event):
- Opening Remarks
- Participant Videos & Live Q&A (10 participants)
- Closing Remarks