How do I join SHPE?
1) Login to your existing account or create a new account on www.shpeconnect.org
2) Click on Join or Renew Membership
3) Select Member Type, add selection to your shopping cart.
4) Select Region and Chapter, add selections to your shopping cart.
5) View your selections in your shopping cart and proceed to checkout to complete with payment.
How do I register if I don’t have a chapter?
No chapter? No problem.
Join SHPE At-Large!
If your school is not listed as an available selection from our chapter menu, then you will select the "SHPE At-Large" option. This will be found listed within our chapter selection menu under "SHPE Region # At-Large."
What if my school isn’t listed when registering?
If your school is not listed as an available selection from our chapter menu, then you will select the "SHPE At-Large" option. This will be found listed within our chapter selection menu under "SHPE Region # At-Large"
How do I know what region I'm in?
SHPE is split into seven geographic regions -
Region One covers the Northwest and includes the following areas:
- Northern California
- Northern Nevada
Region Two covers the Southwest and includes the following areas:
- Southern California
- Southern Nevada
Region Three covers the Midwest and includes the following states:
- New Mexico
- North Dakota
- South Dakota
Region Four covers the Northeast and Puerto Rico, and includes the following areas:
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New York
- Puerto Rico
- Rhode Island
- West Virginia
- Washington D.C.
Region Five covers the South and includes the following areas:
Region Six covers the Midwest and includes the following areas:
Region Seven covers the Southeast and includes the following areas:
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
How do I find my member ID# ?
Your member identification number can be found under Member Details on your profile page in SHPE Connect.
How do I edit my email tied to my SHPE Connect account?
Click on the paintbrush image to the right of Member Details in your profile page on SHPE Connect.
How do I activate the joint membership that I purchased from SWE?
The SWE membership office sends SHPE a listing of those who processed the joint membership. SHPE Membership staff then sends out an email with a code to be used online and instructions on how to activate your SHPE membership. You must apply this code at the checkout page when joining online to activate your membership. If you have not received your email with code inside, please email email@example.com and provide your SWE joint membership confirmation receipt.
Why am I not seeing the free offer for first-year Professional members?
When a SHPE student member graduates, their first year of Professional membership (listed as a "Recent Graduate" membership) is free. However, this option is only eligible to those who held a paid active student member account within the past year.
If you have never been a SHPE member or if you lapsed this past year without renewing, that is the reason the free option is not available to you. If the Recent Graduate membership option is not showing as available to you, the next membership option best suited for is a Professional membership ($65 annual dues).
I am having issues with logging into my account with SHPE Connect.
If you need to reset your password, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
We will reset your account login password, at your next login attempt you will be prompted to change and save a new password.
How do I start a SHPE chapter?
- Kick back and read through the new chapter kit. Doodle some notes. Make a checklist
- Recruit nine other smart, forward-thinking people like yourself in your city, at your school, or in your organization
- Submit New Chapter Application Form. (Pssst...don’t forget to request seed money from SHPE National!)
- Register an affiliation to a college or university as a student org (student chapters only)
- Host an info session
- Elect officers
- Define bylaws
- Develop strategy & define goals
- Be approved and launch your first meeting!
- Enjoy the experience and benefits of SHPE chapter life
Yes! We do have a whole page about this with more information: https://www.shpe.org/membership/chapters
Should you need any help or have question, please contact email@example.com
Can I purchase memberships in bulk?
If you would like to place a bulk order of memberships, we can email an invoice to you for one single payment transaction to cover the total cost of the memberships. Once the invoice is paid electronically, we will send you an online shopping cart code that can be applied by each of your members to activate the membership online via SHPE Connect. Each individual will need to activate membership individually on their own using the discount code we provide.
To purchase memberships in bulk membership, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following invoice request details below.
Member Type: Example_Undergraduate Member
Quantity of Memberships: Example_ 20
Invoice Bill To Name:
Invoice Bill To Email:
Organization Name or School Name:
I am the chapter key contact person. How do I edit/update my chapter profile in SHPE Connect?
To access your chapter profile:
1. Log into http://shpeconect.org , then Click on “My Chapters”
To assign a position:
1. Under “Manage Members” Select the member you’d like to assign a position, click on the member’s name to take you to Chapter Member Profile
2. Click on “Assign Position”
3. Select a position from the dropdown list, then enter a start date and an End date. Click on “Save”
Note: If you do not have access to view “My Chapters” from your account profile page, email email@example.com to request for access.