Developing leaders in STEM.
For over 30 years, the National Institute for Leadership Advancement (NILA) has been SHPE’s premier leadership development program for chapter officers and committee chairs. Every summer, participants gather for a four-day leadership conference where they are equipped with the skills to guide their chapters towards success all year long.
SHPE’s volunteer leaders are the heartbeat of the organization. NILA is designed to teach and inspire SHPE’s regional and chapter leaders to excel within SHPE’s nationwide ecosystem. Held each summer, NILA’s basic design includes:
- Morning Motivations that empower and prepare participants to learn and lead
- Rotational workshops led by industry experts
- Purposeful networking and mentoring that enhance career opportunities
- Powerful keynote speakers that broaden and deepen new learning
- Leadership in Action Challenge that sharpens team-building skills
Attendees who successfully complete the curriculum graduate as a Certified Chapter Leader.
Let’s talk sponsorship.
Sponsorship Opportunities Brochure > [link to prospectus]
Make an Appointment with Sales > [Calendly link]
Be in the know.
If you want to be the first in line to register, add your name to our NILA email list.
[form here that links to CC list]
“NILA was life-changing for me. I went in nervous and left with dozens of new friends and fresh ideas."Karla Rivero Valles, National Undergraduate Representative 2016-2017