We recognize that these are challenging times for so many of our members. They have worked hard to get where they are in their education or career and now they're faced with adapting to working remotely, being separated from their peers, and in many cases moving back home - or perhaps being without a place to live as dorms shut down - or working from home while also providing childcare.
Our members are RESILIENT! But even resilient people need help sometimes.
That's why we're overjoyed to be able to go ALL-IN on offering members a hand up. Thanks to generous contributions by IPC partners Bechtel, Cummins, and Honeywell, SHPE launched the ALL-IN SHPE Relief Fund.
PLEASE NOTE: As of October 23, all available funds have been distributed and we are not currently accepting applications. As we receive additional donations, we expect to be able to re-open the application process.
The fund is designed to support members with a demonstrated hardship as a result of COVID-19, including but not limited to:
- Loss of job or internship
- Technology need related to virtual work
- Costs due to circumstances (e.g. travel to go home or get back to school, roommate left and unable to pay rent)
- Medical expenses related to contracting COVID-19
- Unanticipated quarantine expenses
In order to be eligible, applicants must be -
- A SHPE member-in-good-standing
- Be enrolled in an accredited community college, college, or university
- An undergraduate (taking at least 9 hours) or graduate (taking at least 6 hours) student enrolled for Spring 2020
- Able to provide a description of COVID-19 related need and how funds will be used
Thank you for your interest in the ALL-IN Relief Fund. As of October 23, we have distributed all available funds to eligible applicants.
We are not currently accepting any more applications, but we do expect to re-open the fund in the future as we get additional donations.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Let's tell our members that we're here to support them. That the Familia is ALL-IN on supporting their educational and career goals while remaining safe and healthy. Every contribution, regardless of amount, will help a member in need.
*Please select ALL-IN Relief Fund from the dropdown menu.*