We recognize that these are challenging times for so many of our student members. They have worked hard to get where they are in their education and now they're faced with adapting to learning remotely, being separated from classmates, and in many cases moving back home - or perhaps being without a place to live as dorms shut down.
Our students are RESILIENT! But even resilient people need help sometimes.
That's why we're overjoyed to be able to go ALL-IN on offering students a hand up. Thanks to generous contributions by IPC partners Bechtel, Cummins, and Honeywell, SHPE launched the ALL-IN SHPE Student Relief Fund.
The fund is designed to support students with a demonstrated hardship as a result of COVID-19, including but not limited to:
- Loss of job or internship
- Technology need related to virtual coursework
- Costs due to circumstances (e.g. travel to go home or get back to school, roommate left and unable to pay rent)
- Medical expenses related to contracting COVID-19
- Unanticipated quarantine expenses
In order to be eligible, applicants must be -
- A SHPE member-in-good-standing
- Be enrolled in an accredited community college, college, or university
- An undergraduate (taking at least 9 hours) or graduate (taking at least 6 hours) student enrolled for Spring 2020
- Able to provide a description of COVID-19 related need and how funds will be used
If you are struggling due to the effects of the COVID-19 and could use a little help to get by, we encourage you to apply now for a stipend up to $500.
Let's tell our student members that we're here to support them. That the Familia is ALL-IN on supporting their educational goals while remaining safe and healthy. Every contribution, regardless of amount, will help a student member in need.
*Please select Student Relief Fund from the dropdown menu.*