SHPE’s Academic Partnership Council (APC) provides a formal process for comprehensive universities, primarily undergraduate institutions, research institutions, and community colleges to partner with SHPE to provide guidance and insight for academic-related aspects of the National Convention and other SHPE programs.
In addition, the APC will:
- Provide opportunities for universities to partner with SHPE,
- Provide a direct distribution channel for SHPE programs to support members’ students and faculty, and
- Contribute to stronger SHPE programming and an increased value proposition for member institutions.
Value Proposition for APC members:
- Opportunities to increase SHPE’s value to student members by influencing programming delivered at SHPE’s National Convention and other venues,
- Demonstrate commitment to supporting Hispanic students, SHPE student chapters and faculty advisors,
- Opportunities to recruit diverse faculty and graduate students,
- Opportunities to leverage engagement for branding and marketing purposes,
- Collectively discuss national strategies for recruitment and retention of Hispanics in academia,
- National networking opportunities, and
- Provide a forum to showcase work on diversity at their institutions and develop partnerships and synergies to increase impact.
JOIN TODAY AND BE A FOUNDING MEMBER!
APC members who join before October 25, 2019, will be identified as founding members of the Academic Partnership Council. Founding members will continue to be highlighted on APC membership lists as long as the founding member keeps their membership active.
Become an Academic Partnership Council Member Here!